A FAMILY OF TRI-AXIS 16-BIT ACCELEROMETERS SUPPORTING RANGES FROM ±2G TO ±64G, DIGITAL (I²C/SPI) OUTPUT, ADVANCED DATA PATH, INTEGRATED PEDOMETER, ADVANCED WAKE-UP/BACK-TO-SLEEP ENGINE, FIFO BUFFER, -40°C TO +125°C OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE, EMBEDDED TEMPERATURE SENSOR IN A 2X2X0.9MM LGA 12-PIN - KX13X
The KX13x family of accelerometers offers a tri-axis ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, ±16g or ±8g, ±16g , ±32g, ±64g silicon micromachined accelerometer featuring a user-configurable 3 stage Advanced Data Path (ADP) consisting of a low-pass filter, low-pass/high-pass filter, and RMS calculation engine. The new KX13x accelerometers also feature advanced Wake-Up and Back-to-Sleep detection with a high-resolution threshold capability configurable down to 3.9mg, embedded temperature sensor, 512-byte buffer that continues to record data even when being read, integrated Pedometer, and embedded engines for orientation, Directional-TapTM/Double-TapTM, and Free fall detection. The sense element is fabricated using Kionix’s proprietary plasma micromachining process technology. Acceleration sensing is based on the principle of a differential capacitance arising from acceleration-induced motion of the sense element, which further utilizes common mode cancellation to decrease errors from process variation, temperature, and environmental stress. The sense element is hermetically sealed at the wafer level by bonding a second silicon lid wafer to the device wafer. A separate ASIC device packaged with the sense element provides signal conditioning and intelligent user-programmable application algorithms. The new KX13x accelerometers offer lower noise and improved linearity over of the entire temperature range. The accelerometer is delivered in a 2 x 2 x 0.9 mm LGA 12-pin plastic package operating from a 1.7V – 3.6V (VDD) / 1.2V-3.6V (IO_VDD) DC supplies. Internal voltage regulators are used to maintain constant internal operating voltages over the range of input supply voltages. This results in stable operating characteristics even if the supply voltage changes. I²C or SPI digital protocol is supported to configure the chip, read acceleration outputs, and check for updates to the orientation, Directional-TapTM/Double-TapTM detection, Free fall detection, Pedometer, and activity monitoring algorithms. Two configurable interrupt pins are also available to show the output of the embedded detection algorithms.
- Advanced Data Path with user configurable 3 stages consisting of a low-pass filter, low-pass / high-pass filter, and RMS engine.
- High Temperature Range -40°C to +125°C
- Integrated Pedometer (step counter) with overflow, watermark, and increment interrupts
- Integrated Free fall, Directional-Tap/Double-Tap™, and Device-orientation Algorithms
- Advanced Wake-Up and Back-to-Sleep detection with high-resolution threshold configurable down to 3.9mg
- Embedded 512-byte FIFO buffer with capability to record data even when being read
- Embedded temperature sensor
- User-selectable Output Data Rate up to 25600Hz
- User accessible manufacturer and part ID registers